Friday, December 30, 2005
This is all fine and dandy except that it assumes that people that would do us harm are stupid. If everyday drug dealers are smart enough to escape phone spying, what makes us think this vast terrorist network aren't smart enough. This is the type of thinking that would not let us connect the dots of 9/11 in the first place.
I do think that there should be some discovery as to what americans they were spying on. If they were just spying on individuals with some sort of ties to terrorists thats one thing. If they were spying on everyone making a phone call to the middle east that is another. The way these guys try to lable people, would it be unimaginable that they tried to spy on civil liberties groups? When MacCarthy was looking for communists, they also spied on Civil Rights groups.
Oh and by the way, don't try to argue that you are just trying to do everything possible to avoid another attack when just two weeks earlier the bi-partisan 9/11 commission gave you F's.
One more thing.... are we any closr to catching Bin Laden.
My cousin has been with his girlfriend for a couple of years now. This weekend he asked me "how do I know she is the one?". The smartass answer is if you have to ask, she is obviously not. I think the real answer is as follows. I don't believe in all this soul mate stuff. I think you need to be lucky to find someone that you really love and loves you just as much and society puts too much pressure on people to get married after a certain amount of time. If you can say yes to all of these items, she is probably the one.
- If you love and respect her more now than you did the first month of your relationship, she may be the one
- If you feel like you can work through any issue together she may be the one
- If you think that if things got a little worse and stayed that way, you could you still be happy for 50 years, she may be the one
- If you can see and appreciate other women without wanting them because you know what you have is so much more than physical, she may be the one
- If you had a daughter, would you be proud if she grew up just like her mother
- If you love yourself enough to allow someone else to, you might be ready
Either the president doesn't know the defintion of torture or he is completely out of touch with what the people around him are doing (including his secretary of defense).
I personally think its both.