Monday, January 28, 2008

Messages

I dropped a couple of new videos on you tube last week. The first is called message to the black man, the other is called message to the white man. Originally I was just going to drop a single video to black folks. I actually had a draft ready 6 months ago, but it never felt right. I was using different music and it was coming across as too soft. The second video actually came together in a weekend. They are far from perfect, but I like them. They compliment each other well and I think they make arguments that are hard to refute.





My biggest issue is trying to say something fresh and structure them in a way that is interesting to me. I never know if people will like them so my first goal is always to make something that I find compelling. The Fredrick Douglass quote was something I can across very late in the process. I just love it.

No comments: